Monday, September 13, 2010

Releases of Interest, Funimation value titles, Ys7 LE

As I'm sure many fans of animation are a fan of How to Train Your Dragon (most?), anyway....
It is being released October 19th. I'm pretty excited...if that is even the right word.

Prince of Persia comes out Tomorrow on dvd (Sept.14/2010) :). Saw it in theatres, it is good enough to pick up. Do it.
Robin Hood is right after the following Tuesday.

Alpha and Omega, a 3d animation about 2 wolves is released in theatres this Sept.17(Friday), and Guardians of Gahoole I believe is not too long after....Sept 26?...I'm sure anyone interested would have looked it up already.

I know those were not anime, but I didn't say I was strict about the subjects in the first place.

Eden of the East is on dvd from Funimation this month, I believe Sept. 30th?
Hetalia just came out I recall too.



I picked up a copy of Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood part2 a couple days ago....you can pick this up in Wal-Mart for cheaper than at a comic store if you have this option. The supplies are very limited though, I am lucky my current area isn't quite populated by anime fans, all 4 copies were still in. No, they will not re-order it.

Wal-Mart often has been receiving the odd anime title, so make sure you check every location on the new release stand. I picked up Sword of the Stranger and Deathnote movie2 here. Miyazaki movies were on sale for a very limited supply given. I was told the franchise was having mark downs, so I didn't buy any titles...I regret that now...except that I was a bit short on money. Really wanted to see Naussica though, and have my copy of Spirited Away.
I have also found Digimon here, but again, that was a limited thing. They also carry Fullmetal Alchemist ova collection and Pokemon (which isn't surprising).
The thing is they do not ever know what anime comes in, so it's up to you to find that out on tuesdays. Anyway, the price difference is usually noticeable. Bestbuy marked down Brotherhood recently to Wal-mart's price.

Yes, I do shop around, a lot. I don't often buy things I really really want, though.....I mean, anime-speaking, it gets expensive.


Also, a complete collection of Nabari no Ou is finally coming out! After I sadly purchased D.Gray-man season 1 part1&2, just a week after, they re-released both into one boxset. I did not realize the money I could have saved.....I expected it to take longer for them to do this, I was relying on the fact that nothing was getting marked down anytime soon....but now I know better XD.
aka, if there is ever part 1 and 2, just wait a few months. Painful, yes, but I've managed to get over my instant hype up knowing I cannot afford the new release prices...I also had many favourite titles released this year! I mean, it was so scary, financially. I avoided buying most of them....most being:

Druaga part 1&2
Spice and Wolf part 1 (and 2, soon)
D. Gray-man part 3&4
Nabari no Ou part 1&2
Heroic Age (complete set now)
Utawarerumono complete set
Mushishi complete.
Darker Than Black vol.2-6 (now a complete set)

Others I really, really want to complete some collections:

Tokyo Majin vol.2&3 (season 1)
Peacekmaker vol.6
Fafner vol.3-7
Record of Lodoss War (never given a chance to afford it T_T...now it's out of print)
Zoids vol. 4 and up.
Ghost in the Shell:2nd Gig. (never got to see most of it)


If you are wondering "why would you buy all those anyway?"
I recall, that supporting the industry keeps it going. Am I right? Honestly, I do not want to hear " cannot afford anime!" Why? because...I cannot either!...but I love collecting hard copies, not fakes...and we never said you couldn't treat yourself once in awhile.....some things are far more costly than anime, with fewer benefits.

For Video games, Ys7 just came out last month for the PSP. I got myself a preorder of the limited edition. I toke it out of my savings...but heck, I got one great deal for $50!
included in box: map, artbook, soundtrack, game (I hope so! lol).
Did I mention the box is really shiny? the artbook covers 3 different Ys titles, but is not very big. I am curious of one of them, the art makes it look like a newer game, and it's nice.

I think Eden of the East and Druaga complete series (when that is released) are going to be my first anime assets.

Did I mention Funimation is also selling some great titles for  new mark down collection? called S.A.V.E-super amazing value edition!
Seriously, they are great deals. Most are under $30 (before taxes). Ganketsu and Glass Fleet are among them. Both have caught my interest, but even more so now.


other titles under this Save compaign are:
Air, Suzuka, Hell Girl, Jyu-Oh-Sei, Kanon, Kurau:Phantom Memory, Pumpkin Scissors, Aquarion, King of Bandits Jing, and others.

Most new titles of course will not be in this collection...I just wish Record of Lodoss War was picked up again...and Monster Rancher....also, Zoids, as in, Zero AND chaotic century. I'd love that. Add Genesis too.....

ALSO, an anime based on WEREWOLVES:- Guardians of Luna.   Co-produced between the directer of Gargoyles animation (american ), and a team in Tokyo. I am tired of vampires, and tired of Twilight. Guess what? there's no vampires! .

No comments:

Post a Comment